VWB/VSF is actively working to mitigate the risks associated with AMR. Our primary focus is on training Community Animal Health Workers (CAHWs).
Emergency Animal Rescue - Maui WildfiresThe devastating fires ripping through Maui have completely destroyed the town of Lahaina. Dozens of human lives have been lost, with the search ongoing for those that are missing.
This community has lost everything and we are eager to give any individual even the smallest piece of their life back by reuniting them with their beloved surviving animals.
Veterinarians without Borders has been asked by Maui Humane Society to assist in their emergency response.
Immediate efforts will include:
- Organizing emergency temporary boarding for animals displaced
- Preparing for influx of medical needs
- Setting up a hotline for animal guardians in need and trying to reconnect with their pets
- Organizing essential supplies (pet food, water, medicine) for disbursement
It's very early and the situation is rapidly changing, but we will do everything we can to help, with your assistance. Please consider donating to help Hawaiian rescue efforts.
* U.S. Donors please go here to receive a qualified tax receipt. Thank you!
In the EXTRAORDINARY event that the funds needed for this rescue exceed the need, your gift will be allocated to the next highest priority for VWB.
Code of Ethics
Veterinarians without Borders values our donor relationships. We adhere to the standards published by Imagine Canada's Ethical Code Program, which lays out a set of principles for charitable organizations, and assures that they manage and report their financial affairs responsibly.
Canadian Charitable Registration Number: 84146 9547 RR0001