To support and encourage northern students in pursuing science and and animal health studies, Veterinarians Without Borders will provide five $5000 bursaries on an annual basis for students applying to animal related diplomas or certificates.
Included but not limited to: Veterinary Technologist, Veterinary Assistant, Animal behaviour, pre-veterinary science, Dog training or Dog grooming.
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
- Applicant is from the north of Canada
- Applicant is already enrolled, or is qualified to enrol in an eligible program and will be enrolling within the next three months. Funding provided once enrolled.
- Applicant is or intends to utilize knowledge for increasing animal health access in community.
- Successful recipient agrees to provide VWB a recap on their experience within six months of completing their course and to stay connected with VWB for ongoing support for access to care in their community.
Priority will be given to Indigenous applicants.
A recipient that has successfully completed a program and can demonstrate impact from their diploma/certificate will be eligible for second bursary.
Ineligible for bursary
- College Prep/Upgrading Programs/High school Programs
- Professional Fees / schools
- Education at non-recognized post-secondary institutions
- Executive / Management programs
The second round has now closed.
If you have not yet applied or are not yet accepted into your course, you will have three months from the time of bursary approval to complete this process.
Successful applications will be selected based on the quality of the application and number of applications received.